This Faxon Firearms barrel is manufactured from 4150 Mil-Spec steel, fully stress relieved, air-gauge tested, and 11 degree target crowned to ensure superior accuracy. Each barrel goes through a battery of tests at each operation until finished and final inspected. All barrels are individually checked for headspace by precision custom hardened gauges.
The Gunner profile is a blend of two popular profiles, Government from the extension to the gas block, tapering to a shoulder and a 1.1″ journal .625″ gas block, then a Pencil profile out front. This barrel has a mid-length gas system to help smooth out system cycling.
Removing the weight from the front of the barrel ensures maximum versatility and keeps material to the rear to maximize heat resistance and mitigate whip.
- Barrel Material: 4150 GBQ Steel
- Barrel Type: Button Rifled
- Barrel Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Barrel Twist: 1:8
- Barrel Length: 11.5″
- Barrel Profile: BIG Gunner Hybrid
- Barrel Gas System: Mid*
- Inside Finish: QPQ Nitride
- Outside Finish: QPQ Nitride
- Muzzle Thread: 1/2-28 TPI (Threads Per Inch)
- Gas Block Diameter: .625″
- Barrel Extension: M4
- Weight: 1.14 lbs
- Magnetic Particle Inspected
- 11-degree Target Crown
* Faxon suggests that due to the short dwell that a variable gas block may be advised for optimal tuning, though we have first-hand reports of fixed gas blocks working fine. Take this into consideration when designing your build.